Monday, September 13, 2010

Craft Show Recap: "Fall Flair"

"Fall Flair" craft show at Destin UMC. Hey, look, there's my table!
I apologize, Wonder Turtle friends. My goal is to post here at least once per week, and it has been almost two weeks since my last post! I have a good excuse, though. I was getting ready for a 2-day craft show event and wasting my time making lip balms that just didn't quite work out. (Perhaps I'll revisit that topic someday.) I have never done a two-day event before, and I wanted to make sure that I was über-prepared.

Here's the least terrible photo of me.
The "Fall Flair" craft show at the Destin United Methodist Church was this past Friday and Saturday. My mom was sweet enough to be my booth buddy. (I'm going to have to put her on my payroll or pay her comission or something.) Friday was almost a twelve-hour day after we factored in travel and set-up time. We got home a little before 8:00 p.m. Friday and we were back at it again Saturday morning at 9:00. Saturday went by quickly, probably because it was only a seven-hour day.

Rev. Kim Cannon, Minister of Music and Worship
It was a good show, and I enjoyed meeting other crafters, customers, and the wonderful staff and volunteers at Destin UMC. Throughout the event, we were treated to music provided by Rev. Kim Cannon, an enormously talented piano player.

This is the second year Destin UMC has put on this show, and I was impressed with how organzied everything was. Turn out was good, I sold quite a few bars of soap and made some connections, and some nice folks went home with some Wonder Turtle Soap that, hopefully, will make them very happy!

Next up is the Jingle Bell craft show at the Mary Esther United Methodist Church on October 2. October will be a busy month - after the Jingle Bell, there's the Holly Fair in Shalimar on the 16th and the Bayou Country Craft Bazaar in Niceville on the 23rd, all at United Methodist Churches. Those are usually fantastic shows, and I am looking forward to them. And they have a Christmas/holiday theme, which makes everything festive and exciting. (Which reminds me - I need to get cracking on some holiday soaps!) Hopefully we'll have some cooler weather by then, too!

Anyone out there participating in or attending any craft shows soon? What are you most looking forward to, either as a vendor or an attendee?